5 Staging Tips to Overcome Overwhelm
Let's face it, selling your home can feel overwhelming! It’s your personal space and belongings, exposed for a Buyer's opinion and criticism! Here are 5 ways to overcome that overwhelm of staging…
#1 Curb appeal as easy as 1,2,3
- A fresh coat of paint on your front door, railings and deck.
- A new mailbox is also a great idea.
- A couple planters with seasonal flowers. Cut grass, trim bushes and add some fresh mulch.
#2 Beige is back!
A fresh coat of paint! Grey has been popular for the past 2 years. Beige is now back. Keep walls neutral and clean with a mix of beige tones and even white in smaller darker spaces.
It may seem obvious to many but once you know you are Selling, it's time to start packing!
- - Take down all personal pictures and remove all wall stickers from children's rooms.
- - Large art pieces on neutral tone walls work well.
- - Add a fresh scent to your laundry room. The space should feel inviting and fresh.
#4 Clean, clean and clean
Remember Buyers do open fridges, cupboards and often look under the kitchen sink. A clean, uncluttered home shows better and sells faster!
#5 Final touches
Open windows, let light and fresh air in. Replace old bulbs and add a few extra floor lamps. Add flowers - lots of them, inside and out.
On a final note, feel free to bake a cake prior to an open house. Remember, you are selling a house, but to a new buyer they are buying a home.
Call Carla today and start staging!